zebra background

Friday, August 8, 2008

We miss you Auntie Ellen!!!

While I would never intentionally lie to my children there has recently come an occasion that I was misinformed about the return of the "Favorite Auntie Ellen", and therefore passed on this misinformation to Jacob with the best of intentions. "Favorite Auntie Ellen has been in Rome since the middle of July and every time we leave the house and sometimes when we are just playing at home Jacob asks for Auntie Ellen. Being the wonderfully informative mother that I am, I kept telling him no that Auntie Ellen wanted to go and spend her summer in Rome instead of staying here and playing with him, but that she would be back on August 7th, and we would go see her then. On August 6th, I happened to be talking to "Favorite Aunt Amanda" and was informed that "Favorite Auntie Ellen" was in fact flying in on August 7th but was spending a few days in LA and not returning to her eagerly awaiting niece and nephews until August 10th. When I informed Jacob of this after his most recent request for "Favorite Auntie Ellen" he was quite distraught that the date had changed. While I didn't have my camera ready for that priceless shot, I did come across this picture that I thought might instill some guilt for "Favorite Auntie Ellen".


No comments: